Tokyo – Frontier Management Inc. (CFI Japan) is pleased to announce that they acted as financial advisor to Sojitz Corportation in the the capital and business alliance with Royal Holdings Co., Ltd. and the acquisition of 60% shares of Royal In-Flight Catering Co., Ltd.
Royal Holdings Group’s mission is to improve the lifestyles of citizens through food and hospitality services. Royal Holdings possesses a strong business foundation, and the company operates five business segments.
1. Restaurant Business: Main restaurant businesses include Royal Host and Tendon Tenya
2. Contract Food Service: Operates a wide range of eating and drinking establishments in airport terminals, highway service areas, and other locations through contracts with corporations
3. In-flight Catering Business: Contracted to prepare and load in-flight meals for domestic and foreign airlines at Kansai International Airport, Fukuoka Airport, Naha Airport, and other airports
4. Hotel Business: Operates the Richmond Hotel and other affiliated hotels
5. Food Manufacturing: Handles food manufacturing, procurement, logistics, and other infrastructural functions primarily for Royal Holdings Group companies; conducts food manufacturing for companies outside of the Royal Holdings Group
Sojitz has been engaged in the aviation business for over 60 years, serving as the sales agent for U.S. Boeing aircrafts in Japan from 1956 onward. In recent years, Sojitz has engaged in airport industry operations, including the operation of airports both in Japan and overseas. In addition, Sojitz possesses diverse networks and know-how in business fields with high relevance to Royal Holdings, such as Sojitz’s shopping center operations, and food distribution business primarily in Vietnam and other ASEAN countries.
Through this capital and business tie-up, Sojitz will integrate its business network and expertise with Royal Holdings’ existing customer base and business model. In doing so, both companies aim to realize sustainable growth and better the lives of consumers.
The transaction closed in March 2021.
has divested the Assets of
to a NewCo incorporated for that purpose
majority owned by Groupe Mireolian
has issued a minibond
for € 8 million